Marsden Liberal Club
Marsden Liberal Club was established in 1876 at a cost of around £1000 which was raised by public gifts ranging from 17s to £450.
On the first floor, the club had a Reading room, a billiards room with two tables, a committee room and a W.C. On the ground floor was a Card room, a smoke room, a bar and the caretaker's living quarters.
In 1905 the club was extended to cater for an ever-increasing membership with the addition of a large assembly room, a new bar and billiard room and a lounge.
Futher additions were made in the 1960s.
This booklet, published in 1976 to mark the centenary of the Liberal Club, gives a much fuller account of the club's first 100 years.
Click on the image to read the booklet (pdf)